Monday 17 March 2014

Cow & Gate, Thrifting and Steampunk


Ahhhh sunshine
Not billowy summer warm, but sunny sunny all the same. It was a less manic week here in Studio Moose. I try not to panic when I’m not run off my feet (normal I think if you are running your own business) this is a good time to take stock, prepare for the next jobs and plan new projects.
This week we are beginning an exciting new project with Cow & Gate. You may have seen some social media and press about it. You can see more and take part on their facebook page https://www.facebook.com/cowandgateuk. We will be creating framed “doodles” for the competition winners. The first one is going out this week.

During the sunny week I managed to squeeze in some charity shop rummaging. Stockbridge in Edinburgh has some great shops and I managed to pick up some fab pieces. I know some people don’t like  buying second hand, but all the pieces are clean (I wash them again anyway) and you can get some really unusual vintage & designer clothes for a bargain.
An old friend celebrated her birthday at a fabulous new steampunk themed restaurant in North Berwick. The food was fabulous, the location amazing and I will definitely be back! It was great to catch up and see some folk I haven’t seen for about 20 years (ahem). If you are in the area you must check them out: The Roastery in Kirk Ports. www.steampunkcoffee.co.uk. They do a mean bag of coffee that I bought on the night. All roasted on the premises.





No comments: